Now Hiring: Consulting Arborist/Project Manager
Mike’s Tree Company is growing and looking to hire an additional Project Manager/Consulting Arborist to join our team. Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995, and we take great pride in our work ethic and image. Not only do we provide tree services, such as pruning and tree removal, we also take pride in being a leader in tree health care in the Brainerd Lakes area. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Project Manager/Consulting Arborist is responsible for the growth and development of their territory. Key priorities include growing sales, business development, customer service and client retention, as well as developing relationships with employees.
Duties for the Project Manager include the following:
- Responsible for a sales goal in an assigned territory or market.
- Provide estimates for all tree care services including tree pruning and removals, plant health care, and stump grinding.
- Generate accurate work orders and effectively communicate the scope of the work to the assigned crew leader.
- Responsible for quality control on the job site and assuring the customer’s satisfaction.
- Build company image by developing working relations with clients and employees.
Project Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have a degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Environmental Science, Biology and/or equivalent experience.
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain within 6-12 months of hire.
- 5+ years of previous field experience in tree and landscape maintenance.
- Previous supervisory experience and strong leadership skills including; the ability to motivate employees and keep company morale high; lead by example; possess a positive attitude; and the ability to remain calm in high-stress situations.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-directed, and give clear direction to the crew leaders.
- Experience in problem-solving and seeking alternative solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills, be proficient in computers and manage time efficiently.
- Wages vary for Project Manager/Consulting Arborist: depending on skills, experience, and credentials.
- Holiday pay and paid time off.
- Simple IRA with company match.
- Benefit package.
If you are interested in joining a growing company and love the outdoors, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 218-825-8207 and ask for Kalynn.
The Brainerd Lakes Area
The Brainerd Lakes Area; located a short two hours north of the Twin Cities; is a vibrant region nestled among more than 500 area lakes. With nearly 100,000 year-round residents and thousands of additional seasonal residents, the region boasts a high-quality education system, profound natural beauty, and endless recreational opportunities.
The Brainerd Lakes Area offers the best Minnesota has to offer including:
- Pillsbury State Forest, with over 25,000 acres of trees, trails, and wildlife.
- Dozens of golf courses that earned a ranking in Golf Digest as one of the Top 50 golf destinations in the world.
- The Paul Bunyan Trail, a paved bike trail which runs more than 100 miles from Baxter to Bemidji.
- The Cuyuna Mountain Biking Trail System, which offers 25+ miles of world class mountain biking.
- More than 1200 miles of well-groomed and interconnected snowmobile trails.
- Downhill skiing and tubing at Mount Ski Gull and other area hills.
- Cross-country ski trails at the Northland Arboretum, Pillsbury State Forest, and area golf courses.
- Deer, grouse, waterfowl, and turkey hunting in area forests and wetlands.
- Craft beer including Jack Pine Brewery, Gull Dam Brewing, Roundhouse Brewing, Cuyuna Brewing Company, and Bad Axe Brewing Company.