Now Hiring: Plant Health Care Technicians
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995, and we take great pride in our work ethic and image. Not only do we provide tree services, such as pruning and tree removal, we also take pride on being a leader in tree health care in the Brainerd Lakes area. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Plant Health Care Technician is responsible for monitoring, diagnosing, and applying treatments to trees in order to mitigate or suppress common insect and disease problems, manage nutrient deficiencies, and promote tree health. These tasks are achieved with the highest degree of quality and efficiency by safely operating various pieces of power equipment and hand tools.
Duties for the Plant Health Care Technician include the following:
- Perform integrated pest management on trees using soil injection, tree injection, and foliage spray tools.
- Assist with tree removal and trimming crews on an as-needed basis.
- Year-round opportunities are available with the addition of snow plowing.
Plant Health Care Technician Skills and Qualifications:
- Available May-November, with year-round opportunities possible.
- Possess a Commercial Pesticide Applicators License.
- Ideal candidates will have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement.
- Degree in Horticulture, Plant Sciences, etc. preferred.
- Be willing to work long hours, as dictated by weather events and workload.
- Must be able to work independently and follow directions well.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills and manage time efficiently.
If you are interested in joining a growing company and love the outdoors, send your resume to email@example.com, or call us at 218-825-8207 and ask for Kalynn.