Now Hiring: Climbing Arborists
April 19, 2018
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Climbing Arborist is responsible daily for assisting the Foreman in accomplishing work orders. Key Priorities include assisting with job set up and safety conditions and communication with the Foreman and fellow crew members to ensure the jobs are completed efficiently and effectively.
Duties for the Climbing Arborist include the following:
- Communicate well with the Foreman and crew members so that jobs are completed on time.
- Assist with orchestrating job set up and take down including delegating job responsibilities and overseeing equipment set up.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner that is reflective of MTC values, including having a good attitude, a willingness to grow as an individual, and being a team player.
- Assist the Crew Leader in oversight of all crew members, ensuring safety and efficiency.
Climbing Arborist Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will be an ISA certified tree worker or in progress, Arborist in training or a desire to learn, and be Certified in safety, first aid, and CPR.
- 2-3+ years of experience with basic climbing and technical skills.
- 5+ years of experience running and maintaining specialized equipment, including chippers, stump grinders, skid steers, aerial lifts; in a safe and efficient workman like manner that doesn’t do damage to the equipment or property.
- Willing to climb/run lifts, rigging abilities, technical skills, and a willingness to learn.
- Motivated to improve and grow as an individual, both personally and professionally.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to lead by example.
- MN driver’s license with Class A license or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Have a flexible schedule – willing to work 40-50 hours per week in adverse weather conditions.
- The ability to stay organized and review and complete necessary paperwork.
- Must be a team player, willing to hold yourself accountable, and be coachable.
If you are interested in joining a growing company and love the outdoors, send your resume to email@example.com, or call us at 218-825-8207 and ask for Kalynn.