Now Hiring: Tree Groundsman
April 20, 2018
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995, and we take great pride in our work ethic and image. Not only do we provide tree services, such as pruning and tree removal, we also take pride on being a leader in tree health care in the Brainerd Lakes area. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Tree Groundsman is responsible for working under the Crew Leader in accomplishing daily work orders across various MTC divisions including, Plant Health Care, Pine Beach Peninsula and Snow. Key priorities include job set up and communication with fellow crew members to ensure jobs are completed efficiently and effectively.
Duties for the Tree Groundsman include the following:
- Communication with Crew Leader and fellow crew members, so that jobs are completed on time and completely.
- Assist with job set up and take down.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner that is reflective of MTC values, including having a good attitude, a willingness to grow as an individual, and being a team player.
- Accomplishing task set for the crew as a team, and in an efficient and effective manner, including the clearing limbs and brush from the job site and operating various types of equipment.
Tree Groundsman Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of work safety, first aid, and CPR.
- MN driver’s license, Class A license or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Willing to work 40-50 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and keep a flexible schedule.
- Must have basic communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Experience running and maintaining specialized equipment, including chippers, stump grinders, skid steers, aerial lifts; in a safe and efficient workman like manner that doesn’t do damage to the equipment or property or shows appropriate proficiency required.